Sharon Murder: The Guilty Tries To Flee  

A denial to stop loving took a devastating turn causing a life of an innocent boy. His only crime was he loved a girl.

S.S. Greeshma, the main suspect in the murder of Parassala native Sharon Raj, was taken into custody on Monday, October 31, 2022, according to the Crime Branch.

Shortly before she was to be taken to the office of the District Police Chief (Thiruvananthapuram rural) for questioning and later evidence collection in her house in Ramavarmanchirai in Kanyakumari, the accused attempted suicide by ingesting a disinfectant in a bathroom of the Nedumangad police station. The arrest was made under dramatic circumstances at the Government Medical College Hospital (MCH) here.

Due to the alleged failure to ensure Greeshma’s protection, two female civil police officers received suspensions.

Meanwhile, Greeshma’s Mother Sindu and Uncle Nirmal Kumar were arraigned as accused for allegedly destroying the evidence in the case. Their arrests were yet to be recorded.

After allegedly confessing to adding a pesticide to an Ayurvedic medicine that she gave Sharon, Greeshma was arrested by the Crime Branch on Sunday.

She was taken into custody at the Nedumangad police station, which is close to the Nedumangad DySP’s office, after an extensive hour-long interrogation at the District Police Chief’s office.

The police had set up a specific bathroom for the accused’s use and assigned four female police officers to keep watch over her in order to provide foolproof protection.

Greeshma asked to go to another bathroom outside the building, but for some reason she was taken there instead. She allegedly consumed a cleaning solution and vomited soon after just as she was being prepared to be taken to the District Police Chief’s office around seven thirty in the morning.

She was soon rushed to the Government Taluk Hospital in Nedumangad and later referred to the Thiruvananthapuram MCH, where she is undergoing treatment in the intensive care unit (ICU). The development dashed the investigation team’s plans to gather further evidence before she was remanded to judicial custody.

Suma and Gayathri, two female civil police officers, were suspended due to the error.

At the Neyyattinkara DySP office, the Crime Branch team was recording the family members of Sharon as they spoke. They reiterated their accusations that Greeshma’s family had assisted in the murder while also criticising the Parassala police for their lack of vigilance in the investigation. The clothes Sharon wore the day of the crime must be produced, according to a directive.

Greeshma admitted to police that she planned the murder after Sharon refused to end their relationship. If she got married to someone else, she was worried that he would post videos and pictures of their private moments online.