Medical A World Of Miracle: Toulouse, France

French doctors have successfully transplanted a woman’s arm-grown nose to her face.

After receiving treatment in 2013 for cancer of the nasal cavity, the woman lost a portion of her nose.

After a lady in France lost a significant section of her own nose during cancer treatment, doctors successfully grew a new one on her arm and transplanted it onto her face.

After receiving radiation and chemotherapy in 2013 for nasal cavity cancer, the Toulouse woman lost a portion of her nose.

Despite unsuccessful attempts at repair and faulty prosthesis, she lived without the organ for years. However, she was now able to receive a new nose—one that she had even grown herself—thanks to a revolutionary medical process.

According to Evening Standard, a customized nose was created for her and installed on her forearm using 3D-printed biomaterial to replace cartilage.

The new nose was subsequently covered with a skin graft taken from her temple. After the appendage had been allowed to develop for two months, it was moved to her face.

The Toulouse University Hospital (CHU) posted images of the nose developing on the forearm on Facebook. The woman’s replacement nose was successfully grafted to her face on Tuesday, the hospital reported.

“The transplant is successful as of right now. The medical gadget might be effectively revascularized utilizing microsurgery by anatomizing blood vessels in the nasal area after being implanted in the forearm and colonizing there for two months. She is doing great and is still being watched, “The English translation of the French Facebook caption was.

According to Evening Standard, the physicians linked blood vessels in the woman’s arm skin to blood vessels in her face using microsurgery.

This type of reconstruction had never before been performed on such a fragile and poorly vascularized area and was made possible by the medical teams’ collaboration with the company Cerhum, a Belgian manufacturer of medical devices specializing in bone reconstruction, the medics told the outlet. “After 10 days of hospitalization and three weeks of antibiotics, the patient is doing very well,” they added.

The hospital went on to say that this new technology even makes it feasible to get beyond some restrictions that come with conventional approaches.